alright alright alright. lets get right down to it.
NEW STUFF IVE DONE!
-Rocks Off Concert on the Water
SO I have a cousin out here, Markus, who I hadn't met until I moved out here. and he told me about this water-cruise-concert deal where you basically just go out on a boat and listen to music and float around on the water ... it was SO cool! the skyline was gorgeous and the band was AMAZING!! i met this big group of guys who were talking about sig ep and it turned out they were from the Sig Ep chapter at Syracuse...and its their Alpha chapter (which means the first one)! I thought that was pretty cool...they reminded me a lot of the sig ep guys at MSU, sooo fun, goofy, genuinely nice people. I didn't hang out with em too much, I was too obsessed with the skyline but it was cool to talk to people from a different school.
-Strawberry Fields
I visited John Lennon's memorial in Central Park right across from the Dakota where he was shot a while ago. Yoko Ono still lives there actually. Anyway, strawberry fields is the quiet zone dedicated to him with the famous imagine mosaic in the center of the tear drop shaped garden. It was great...I actually went there 3 times in like 2 days haha but i enjoyed it. very pretty.
-Gallaghers
Right when my parents got into town, Jayme and I met up with them and my cousin Markus at Gallaghers Steakhouse in the Theater District right off of Times Square. I guess the place is pretty famous. Well anyway, I made a friend (see below) that we named Sir Louis Crunchy and I could not eat him because he was my new buddy. but I did have a nibble and he was quite delicious.

Always a good time when the Pollard parents are around!
-Fourth of July day
on the day of the 4th we actually stayed pretty busy!
We woke up and went to Manhattan Diner on the Upper West Side because I LOVE THEIR PANCAKES!! a must for anyone visiting! get the blueberry! but I digress...
We had breakfast, hung around the city, went to strawberry fields (one of the 3 times) and then set out for our 3 hour water cruise around all of manhattan. Of course, this was amazing. Amazing. We got to see all aspects of the city, it was so relaxing and the weather was nice, I enjoyed a blue moon (mmmm) and we all just really had a good time together. It was really cool.
Of COURRRSE we concluded the day with some fireworks down at the Hudson Piers on the East Side (i think we were on....44th street?) and sat and enjoyed the beautiful Macy's firework show. Honestly, the fireworks were just the same as anything else I've seen I think. Thats just my opinion. But I also wasnt in a location that allowed me to hear how it was synced with music and all that fun stuff. Still, definitely something I'm glad I did :)
I'm so happy that my parents visited! We did other things too...shoppin in SoHo, dinner in little italy, hangin out in times square, dinner at a new orleans type restaurant on the upper west, etc etc etc...We always have soooo much fun together! Plus the drinks are allllwayyysss flowin... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment