ALRIGHTTT the loooong awaited post about the job...well internship. either way.
first off let me preface with the fact that I'm not a good explanation-giver. I overcompensate/dont include important details because I assume theyre understood/just suck at story telling. bear with me, my jobs legit.
SO the story. basically, I was given an internship by the lovely and talented Ms Jillian Lewis when I met her @ STLFW. However, not being a design major anymore and wanting to focus more on sales/promotion/product development, I decided to look elsewhere.
First stop: Craigslist.
Holy plethora of job opps. Seriously.
Anyway, I make a stock "give me an internship, im free work and I will be there all hours of the day if need be" e-mail and sent it to probably over 150 businesses. Luckily, about 149 returned my email (Note to self, when looking for a job, refer to Craigslist). As I'm weeding out the ones that sound stupid (sales associate? done that. bitch work for a designer in Long Island? not all about the hour commute. only need someone once a week? not worth my time), I left about 55 or so that sounded really interesting and sent them my resume. Sadly enough, only about 10 replied after that. I thought I had a real legit resume too...still.
Basically I guess I'm not gonna tell you the story of how I went into my first day thinking it was a different internship cause its not that great of a story and I summed it up pretty well in one sentence, but there ya go. I went into my internship thinking it was a showroom experience selling designers' lines to dept store (which I wouldn't mind doing).
Man was I wrong.
((NOTE: due to confidentiality clauses, I removed the company and the work im doing...but let me say, I love it))
I'm definitely going to learn more than my 4 credit hours I'm getting for this.
I work a lot too. I like that, I love working, I love taking pride in my work and honestly, I didnt fly halfway around the country spending a ridiculous amount of money not to be working my tushy off. I'm here to learn and to work and of course to have a little fun in between ;)
So thats the basics I guess. I hope I didnt completely butcher it...I think that its gonna be a really good opportunity and I think the references that I got from here will really help me get somewhere in the future. But only time will tell!!!
Love you all, miss you and I'll update again soon!
for those of you who arent up on your "abreves" (abreviations if your really slow), deets is short for details; i bet you've been wondering this whole time, havent you..
No comments:
Post a Comment